Turkey Noodle Casserole
Write a review
- 12 ounces egg noodles
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 1/2 cups cold milk
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 cup shredded pepperjack cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 3 cups cubed skinless cooked turkey
- 5 ounces crushed potato chip
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Cook egg noodles in boiling water, stirring occasionally until almost cooked through and still firm to the bite, about 4 minutes. Drain.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Whisk in flour; cook, stirring, until mixture is light golden, about 3 minutes.
- Pour milk into butter and flour mixture, whisking constantly.
- Stir in cream of mushroom soup, red bell pepper, green bell pepper, green onions, garam masala, and dried tarragon.
- Bring mixture to a simmer, cook for 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir in pepperjack cheese until cheese is melted and incorporated.
- Stir pepperjack cheese mixture, turkey meat, and noodles in a large bowl until evenly incorporated. Pour mixture into a large casserole dish.
- Sprinkle chips on top, pressing down slightly with the tines of a fork.
- Bake in the preheated oven until casserole top is golden brown and sauce is bubbling, about 30 minutes.
Mercy Hospice https://www.mercyhospicephilly.org/