Ed’s Famous Chicken Divan on Rice
Write a review
- 3.5 lb. chicken (must yield 3 cups of meat)
- 1 small onion
- 1 turnip or carrot
- 4 cups cooked white rice
- 24-oz. package of frozen broccoli floret’s
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 cup real mayonnaise
- ½ cup milk
- 4-oz. shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup cornflake crumbs
- Poach for 1 hour in 3 cups of water: 3.5 lb. chicken (must yield 3 cups of meat), 1 small onion, 1 turnip or carrot
- Reserve 1 cup of poaching liquid for later use
- While chicken simmers, cook rice (about 1 ½ cups uncooked, should yield four cups cooked).
- Cook frozen broccoli for 3 minutes and set aside.
- Spray casserole pan with nonstick cooking spray
- Pour cooked rice into pan
- Pour cooked broccoli on top of rice
- In a large mixing bowl, combine: 2 cans cream of chicken soup, 1 cup chicken broth (poaching liquid), 2 Tbsp. lemon juice, 1 cup real mayonnaise, ½ cup milk
- Remove all chicken meat from the bones.
- Spread meat over broccoli and rice in casserole pan.
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese over top of chicken meat.
- Pour soup mixture over top of cheese and sprinkle with cornflake crumbs.
- Cool, Cover, label, date and freeze
Mercy Hospice http://www.mercyhospicephilly.org/